Frequently Asked Questions
Information Regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 procedures in place for Sea Island Ballet Studios:
• Wash your hands upon arrival and before leaving the studio
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell and notify the instructor
• Please note that all surfaces are disinfected prior to your class
• Continue to practice social distancing at all times within the studio
• Communicate any discomfort as soon as possible
• Drop off students at the front door. Enter and exit one by one in order to keep a safe distance from one another
• Cover any sneezes and wash your hands
• Personal items will be placed in one of the designated spots in the studio marked by a white or blue snowflake
• There will be no hands on corrections. The instructor will be using other tools for body corrections
• The garage door will be opened for added air circulation when needed
• Student capacity will be limited in order to accommodate these safety protocols
What am I supposed to wear to ballet?
Proper attire is very important for your dance classes. For all ballet and pointe, you will want to wear ballet tights, a bodysuit and a wrap skirt is optional. For younger students please look at the dress code in the handbook. This attire allows for the instructor to give you accurate corrections quickly while class is running. If the instructor watches a class and scans the room she/he can quickly pick up on any discrepancies and address the appropriate corrections. Corrections are vital for your success in your ballet classes. All other dance classes you will want to wear something comfortable and body hugging.
What time should I come to class?
The simple answer is 15 minutes prior to class time and at least an hour for performances if you are part of SIDCo. This will allow you time to properly warm up and get mentally and physically prepared for class.
How do I register for classes?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which class(es) you're interested in taking.
#7-11220 Voyageur Way
Richmond, BC V6X 3E1
eTransfer Payments may be sent to:
Please complete the form with your name, email, and your inquiry.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.