Frequently Asked Questions
Information Regarding COVID-19
COVID-19 procedures in place for Sea Island Ballet Studios:
• Please wear a mask upon entry into the building
• Wash your hands upon arrival and before leaving the studio
• Leave shoes in the lobby across from the main desk
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell and notify the instructor
• Please note that all surfaces are disinfected prior to your class
• Continue to practice social distancing at all times within the studio
• Communicate any discomfort as soon as possible
• Drop off students at the front door. Enter and exit one by one in order to keep a safe distance from one another
• Cover any sneezes and wash your hands
• Personal items will be placed in the change rooms away from others
• There will be no hands on corrections unless precautions are taken such as face shield, mask, sanitised hands, and no skin contact. The instructor will be using tools for body corrections as well.
• The windows may be opened for added air circulation when needed
• Student capacity will be limited in order to accommodate these safety protocols
What am I supposed to wear to ballet?
Proper attire is very important for your dance classes. For all ballet and pointe, you will want to wear ballet tights, a bodysuit and a wrap skirt is optional. For younger students please look at the dress code in the handbook. This attire allows for the instructor to give accurate corrections quickly and to avoid injuries while class is running.We understand that as a beginner adult dancer it can be intimidating to come into a class. Therefore, in regards to attire, we simply ask that you wear tight fitting clothes and proper footwear. If the instructor watches a class and scans the room she/he can quickly pick up on any discrepancies and address the appropriate corrections. Corrections are vital for your success in your ballet classes. All other dance classes you will want to wear something comfortable and body hugging
What time should I come to class?
The simple answer is 15 minutes prior to class time and at least an hour for performances if you are part of SIDCo. This will allow you time to properly warm up and get mentally and physically prepared for class.
How do I register for classes?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which class(es) you're interested in taking.
7900 Alderbridge Way #200, Richmond BC V6X 2A5
Richmond, BC V6X 3Z6
eTransfer Payments may be sent to:
Please complete the form with your name, email, and your inquiry.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.